Skip to content

This Is Northern New South Wales

Sweet Suites

_JCA1708Driving from the airport into the heart of Byron Bay, I wound down the windows and was greeted by the warm smell of red earth, salty air and all things lush and green… A much welcome change from the hazy, Los Angeles smog from which we’d left behind.

When we arrived at the Beach Suites, overlooking Main Beach, the unassuming outside appearance gave little away as to the ambience inside.

We were checked in promptly and welcomed into what can only be described as relaxed luxury. Open spaces and a clear view out across a  turquoise expanse of ocean instantly lifted our jet-lagged spirits, making us feel like we truly were on vacation. Each room was dressed impeccably in lush yet friendly textiles with a coastal vibe free of fussiness or pretence.

BCH_2683_JCA1702To my delight the master en-suite was complete with a wonderfully deep spa bath perfect for easing tired limbs from a long trip. The private rooftop infinity pool made an oasis for relaxation, and was great for entertaining when friends visited. It also was a wonderful vantage point to appreciate the stunning view of the coast and it’s surrounds.

The spacious kitchen adjoined the living area unobtrusively and was fitted with anything one could possibly need. Perfect for a family and entertaining. Although the suites location is just a minutes walk across from the towns main restaurant and cafe hub meant cooking was not at all a necessity.

_JCA1678 _JCA1736The expansive deck was fully taken advantage during our stay for catching the breeze with a book and a cool drink as the heat of the day crawled by after which we strolled across the road to Main Beach for an afternoon dip in the sea. It was the perfect family getaway.

As I write this from my desk back in Los Angeles, I hear the traffic and sirens outside my window. In my mind I’m already planning our next trip back to Byron Bay. I’m counting down the days to salty hair, good food, and waves. Thanks to The Beach Suites for a very special stay.

beachsuites.com.au